Glenelg... Route choice tomorrow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Noakes 30 Oct 2023

Hi Folks, currently in Glenelg for a milestone family birthday celebration but we have the opportunity to get some climbing in tomorrow. Anyone got any good recommendations for route choice..? Party of four, good ability, ideally something long and easy.

Arrow route, Glen brittle, crossed our mind but it might be a bit chiily... Seemed to be in the shade a good amount today

Thanks for any suggestions!

John 

DaveHK 30 Oct 2023
In reply to John Noakes:

On that forecast I'd want to be out of the wind, in the sun and probably not high. Not the kind of climbing you asked for but if it was me, I'd go to Suidhe Biorach.

Post edited at 19:58

OP John Noakes 30 Oct 2023
In reply to John Noakes:

Cheees Dave! Will have a look 

DaveHK 30 Oct 2023
In reply to John Noakes:

You'll want an ab rope for that crag though, or one you don't mind using as one. Only needs about 25m from memory.

alan moore 30 Oct 2023
In reply to John Noakes:

South (Ghrundha) face of Sron a ciche. There's a good easy Diff called Central Buttress (I think) and the White Slab at Hard Severe. Both 600ft 2 star routes with an easy walk-off.

henwardian 30 Oct 2023
In reply to John Noakes:

I'd definitely suggest climbing in the sun and low down. Suidhe Biorach would be my suggestion too. It's single figure temperatures at sea level tomorrow, much like the last couple of days, and a light breeze (20mph or so) so a little bit of shelter would be nice and Suidhe Biorach faces W, so you could get a proper little suntrap effect at the base, even if it's pretty cold at the top.

I was doing moderate physical work outdoors the last couple of days and even when the sun showed its face, I still never took my sweatshirt off and was actually even in a jacket some of the time. I would expect belaying to feel really cold in those kind of conditions. I was exposed to the wind though.

A week or two ago there was already light dustings of snow on top of the Cuillin.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...