Dovedale drying times

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JimR 21 Oct 2023

Wanting to do 10 craters of wisdom, how long will this take to dry out? Will it need a few days of dry weather?

Offwidth 21 Oct 2023
In reply to JimR:

Things are so bad this autumn, maybe next year? Weather forecast certainly looks shit all the way into November.

Post edited at 16:06
 TobyA 21 Oct 2023
In reply to JimR:

You've probably already noticed but just in case, the Met Office has a forecast for Dovedale itself https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcqtzkgxq#?date=2023-10-22 and it looks really nice for tomorrow.

I've tried Ten Craters... and ended up doing the VS just to its left, and I remember it being part of a bigger face, so even if its facing the right way to get sun, I imagine it will dry slower than some of the pinnacles there. If you go and have a look and its wet, I'm sure some of the other routes nearby (with the ab descents) might go. 

I have no idea how much water will be in the river though, it all got pretty extreme yesterday further East in the Peak, so I imagine there will still be a lot of water around tomorrow in the valley even if the sun is out. I imagine you can't use the stepping stones if coming from the south if the river is very high.

OP JimR 21 Oct 2023
In reply to JimR:

Had no intention of wading into Dovedale in the next fortnight or so😀but just wondering if there was a week of dry weather in Nov or Dec whether that would be enough to dry it off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...