DLOG missing indoor climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RandomUsername 24 Aug 2023

I'm starting to think about doing my RCI assessment. I've only ever used the MTA DLOG to log group sessions (indoors and outdoors) and then imported all my personal climbing routes from my UKC logbook. So, my DLOG is missing any personal indoor climbing. The RCI requirements are for 30 indoor lead routes at grade 4 and up.

As there is no actual way to log indoor routes (except apps like Griptonite, which my local wall has started using in the last couple of years but I don't habituallly use) I know I could just add an entry to my DLOG with a note which I'll try to do going forward.

However, talking about historical routes, I've asked my climbing wall for a log of all my visits for the last couple of years, of which there are 50+, and I've been a member for a lot longer than that. I don't have the stomach to go back and manually enter all of these into my DLOG, and I can't honestly say which ones I did any lead routes instead of top-roping or bouldering, and how many routes I did on each visit, but I feel it should be enough to convince a reasonable person that I must have done at least 30 lead routes in amongst all those visits.

I suppose I'm asking 1. will an RCI assessor accept logs/info outside of the DLOG (I guess some people must still keep paper records for example). and 2. is what I've suggested above likely to be accepted by them?

TIA.

Darren.

Post edited at 14:08
In reply to RandomUsername:

No idea about what they will accept but you can actually log indoors on UKC too via this 'crag'  Indoor Climbing Wall

In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Thanks, that's worth knowing. But it still means I can't honestly or practically log my historic visits.

C Witter 24 Aug 2023

I would manually log the required amount and then put a note on each entry to the effect: "This is a sample; I climb indoors regularly and usually do X number of routes between grades FYx and FYx."

Personally, I feel they will be more tuned in on your outdoor experience and experience of supervising climbers/groups, so make that part tight and don't over think indoors, so long as you have logged the criteria.

Post edited at 14:31
 Mini Mansell 24 Aug 2023

there is the option

click in the wall name. Foundry,  AWS ETC. session duration.  nature of climb., personal,  coaching,  etc   then. type will give lead, boundering, top rope. with the option of adding. the grade.

In reply to C Witter:

Thanks. Good advice.

@Mini, I know there is the option. But as per my post, I don't have the stomach (i.e. I am lazy!) to do that 50+ times, and there is the fact that I only have information on when I visited the wall, not exactly what I climbed and if I was leading, top-roping or bouldering.

Alex Riley 24 Aug 2023

One of the options is frequency, which allows you to record daily, weekly and monthly sessions within a set date period. An average example of a session should be fine, just add a note in the description.

You can see it on the attached pic.

Post edited at 16:24

In reply to Alex Riley:

Ah, great idea. 👍

Mini Mansell 24 Aug 2023

ah,  sorry, i didnt pick that bit up.

if you download your dlog from here,  it saves as a .csv file, you can open it with excel (or similar). type the logs into there a lot quicker and then upload that to tadah.

dunno if that helps.

In reply to Mini Mansell:

I did try that but couldn’t get it to recognise indoor climbing as a category. Now I know I can log indoor climbs on UKC thanks to Paul, I might try again. Thanks. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...