Dave McLeod's free solo ascent of the Cioch Nose

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DizzyVizion 15 Jun 2023

Cioch Nose (VD)

An awesome free solo ascent up the Cioch Nose, with amazing footage yet again by Dave McLeod. Stunning!

Dave McLeod- a national treasure!

youtube.com/watch?v=3b6LVy9MgME&  

Michael Gordon 15 Jun 2023
In reply to DizzyVizion:

I'm reminded of David Jason being asked in a recent interview how he feels being regarded as a 'national treasure', a term which surely risks uncontrolled and violent vomiting from even the most respectful of comic actors. But he's just too nice a guy for that. 

OP DizzyVizion 15 Jun 2023
In reply to Michael Gordon:

I'm just reminded of Dave McLeod and the hard work and dedication he puts into climbing.

Post edited at 21:04
 CantClimbTom 15 Jun 2023
In reply to DizzyVizion:

Amazing filming, be interesting to know if he had anyone to support the drone etc or if entirely solo similar to the filming done by Pete Whittaker 

Post edited at 21:07
 matt1984 15 Jun 2023
In reply to CantClimbTom:

I'm pretty sure on a few recent videos he's talked about the logistics of operating a drone while climbing alone, so I reckon it's likely he's doing it on his own.

Incredible film and visuals, but I'm nearly always left wanting more - 6mins? I could have watched 20+ of that.

Michael Gordon 15 Jun 2023
In reply to DizzyVizion:

Funnily enough that link did remind me of Dave MacLeod also.

OP DizzyVizion 15 Jun 2023
In reply to Michael Gordon:

😁

Post edited at 21:30
 ScraggyGoat 15 Jun 2023
In reply to DizzyVizion:

Thanks for posting that. The fish eye lens makes it look really scary, when actually it’s lovely. Though to be fair it does look imposing at the bottom of the first pitch.

TobyA 15 Jun 2023
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

> Thanks for posting that. The fish eye lens makes it look really scary, when actually it’s lovely.

Yep, I remember it being fun and really straightforward, in the video it looks utterly terrifying!

timparkin 16 Jun 2023

> Amazing filming, be interesting to know if he had anyone to support the drone etc or if entirely solo similar to the filming done by Pete Whittaker 

Hi Ardverickie Wall video shows him with the controller (RC) velcroe'd to his small backpack so he can operate it while pausing on a ledge (or possibly while hanging mid-crux, who knows).

Brass Nipples 16 Jun 2023

> Amazing filming, be interesting to know if he had anyone to support the drone etc or if entirely solo similar to the filming done by Pete Whittaker 

Note sure it is drone. Just one of those 360 degree cameras on a pole.

Fraser 16 Jun 2023
In reply to Brass Nipples:

The long shots are definitely from a drone. And some *look* like they're from more than 120m above the ground, but that's a whole separate topic. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...