'Consumed' film removed from YouTube?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TomYoung 07 Feb 2021

Today I settled in for a nice Sunday afternoon viewing of the classic grit psyche up flick consumed.mp4, normally available on YouTube via the CrimperE6 channel. To my surprise it seems it has been deleted, along with many other short clips of hard routes in the Peak.

Anyone got any insight into where it could've gone/why it's been taken down? I quite enjoy whiling the time away looking through their videos of esoteric headpoints from time to time!

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum.

Luke90 07 Feb 2021
In reply to TomYoung:

Looks like the whole CrimperE6 channel was deleted. The error message says they deleted it themselves but if they had loads of climbing clips, maybe they accumulated too many copyright claims.

In reply to Luke90:

That's a real shame, it was iconic. If anyone knows Dan Honneyman perhaps they could get him to repost? I have consumed I & II on DVD somewhere...

OP TomYoung 07 Feb 2021
In reply to Luke90:

> Looks like the whole CrimperE6 channel was deleted. The error message says they deleted it themselves but if they had loads of climbing clips, maybe they accumulated too many copyright claims.

From what I gathered the clips were all videos that they had taken themselves so don't think copyright would be an issue? Consumed did have background music though so maybe that has something to do with it.

OP TomYoung 07 Feb 2021
In reply to Frank the Husky:

My flaky internet at home meant I had downloaded Consumed off YouTube so I could watch it whenever I wanted, still a shame it's no longer publicly available. I didn't know there were more than one Consumed film though, is the other one the same as 'Shock of the New' which is available on Vimeo?

Dan Arkle 07 Feb 2021

In reply to:

A real shame if this is gone. CrimperE6 had some extraordinary moments of madness captured for eternity. 

Fortunately my favourite clip of this genre is on another channel - watch this and imagine the tension - well out beyond the no fall zone, and then the world's best belayer produces a miracle. 

youtube.com/watch?v=80wDIiPJLd8&

mark20 07 Feb 2021

When ‘Shock of the New’ was pulled by youtube for copyright (the music), Neil uploaded it with Dan Honeyman’s permission to Vimeo

vimeo.com/304002290

It would be a shame if Consumed is taken down too  I’ll check my harddrive later as I may have a copy 

Post edited at 17:28

Anyone know the name of that ace techno track off 'Consumed'? Pretty sure the track was also called Consumed but don't remember who it was by, can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

Wft 16 Feb 2021
In reply to Wft:

It's not that one sorry, fairly sure that the track's called Consumed, same name as the film.

Toerag 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Toerag:

Nope not that one either, sorry! Think it was by a guy with a polish sounding name, thanks though.

TechnoJim 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Lewis Perrin Williams:

'Consumed' by Plastikman (Richie Hawtin)?

youtube.com/watch?v=fVIXm_YYIbM&

Tom Briggs 17 Feb 2021
In reply to TomYoung:

Disaster!

I created the CrimperE6 tick list quite recently with all the routes featured on the channel as individual clips (I.e. not everything that’s in Consumed)

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=4538

In reply to TechnoJim:

It's not that either but thanks.

In reply to Lewis Perrin Williams:

It was Alexander Kowalski - Progress, don't know why I thought it was called consumed lol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...