Conditions at Anstey's Cove

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hello All, does anyone know what the conditions are like at Ansteys Cove at the moment, any dry wall at maximum 7 grade? Anstey's Cove

Thanks

Cusco 21 Oct 2023
In reply to Christian Florian Gobel:

I haven’t been down for a while but I know Ansteys very well and Empire Wall usually seeps very badly after wet weather.

Ferocity Wall may be dry (part from Cider Soak and The Lynch rightwards) but there’s not much of 7 maximum. 

In terms of alternatives:

Torbryan is likely to be wet.

Brean might be a possibility. 

The east side of Portland may be the best option - but also the busiest if people have the same idea. 

emitto 21 Oct 2023

I was there bouldering on Thursday and both Empire wall and Ferocity were pretty wet up top but no seepage yet. Even with the rain the conditions were brilliant last week,best of the season so far IMHO.

Wainers44 21 Oct 2023

Forget about the seepage,  ran the 15miles of up and down coast path to the cove last Sunday morning,  and it was the cafes last day. 

No point going there until it reopens next Easter now 😁

emitto 21 Oct 2023
In reply to emitto:

FYI plenty of grade 7 routes at Potato Head just a few miles up the coast. Climbed there today and everything is fully dry.

GDes 23 Oct 2023

Pretty good today. A bit of seepage on empire, but still climbable. Ferocity wall was dry apart from a bit of seep on Cider soak groove 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...