Climbing around Barcelona

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stewbacca 24 Aug 2022

Yo!

So I’m going to Spain to a town called Sitges (30min south of Barcelona) for 10 days and wondered if anyone could recommend any good, scenic single pitch crags in the area.

I’ve had a look online/various apps and there looks like there’s loads about but just trying to narrow it down as it’s not exclusively a climbing trip.

Monserrat looks incredible but wouldn’t know where to start. Ideally looking for stuff between 5b-6b. Will probably buy a book when I’m down there but thought I’d try get an idea first.

cheers

Iamgregp 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Stewbacca:

I’ve not climbed there, but have visited Sitges.  Beautiful little town that also happens to be the gay capital of the area, and a lot of fun.  

Carless 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Stewbacca:

Several lifetimes worth of climbing nearby

Have a look at https://climb-europe.com/rockclimbingshop/rock-climbing-spain-barcelona-and...

Margaret, Siurana, Arboli all great but there’s plenty closer to Sitges

Post edited at 13:55
OP Stewbacca 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

Haha So I’ve heard. Yeah should be good. There for a wedding but driving down from France so taking the climbing bag. The Venue is actually across the road from the crag Els Sumadors but I saw once site say it’s closed. 

OP Stewbacca 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Carless:

Cheers, yeah I had a look at that the other day. It’s overwhelming how much good stuff there is! Did you mean Margaluf? Just found that searching for Margaret and it looks insane!

Iamgregp 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Stewbacca:

I think there’s an app that details all the crags in the Barcelona area, can’t remember the be as I’m on apple and it’s android only. Climb away? Climb around? Something like that anyway…

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...