Bolted Doncaster route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emma Reasbeck 21 Apr 2021

Happened across a bolted route in Doncaster, Sprotborough the other day and wondered if anyone had experience climbing it? 

Tom Valentine 22 Apr 2021
In reply to Emma Reasbeck:

Any more details?

MKH 22 Apr 2021

Bolts in Steetly quarry? Where will it stop! I wasn't aware that there was any rock stable enough to climb in there - there probably isn't.

DerwentDiluted 22 Apr 2021

I can't help with this route, but whenever I've found myself in Donny my instinct has been to bolt.

Some details would help - where is the crag?

Donny is quite a spread out place...

deacondeacon 22 Apr 2021
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Err, Sprotbrough (he did say 🙂). Some actually good bouldering there too! 

Wft 22 Apr 2021

If it’s where I think it is then it looks about 6a-6b? The bolts are expansion bolts which aren’t great in the Sandy Mag-Lime the area has but I have no idea what size. The whole of Gorge Du Tarn was nearly de-equipped for expansion bolts pulling. If you go up, use caution. 

p.S. don’t specifically mention the crag for access reasons 

In reply to Wft:

If there are access issues I wouldn't have have thought a line of bolts will improve things. And it's a bit pointless saying"don't mention the crag" now that Emma has engaged everyon'es interest.

How can anyone answer her question without knowing where the route is?

Post edited at 21:30
In reply to deacondeacon:

See my reply to EddInaBox.

Baz P 22 Apr 2021

Passed this crag loads of times whilst cycling and would be surprised re access issues as it was extensively cleaned about a year ago. Loads of vegetation were removed to provide top platforms and it is very much in public view. Looks good. 

In reply to Frank the Husky:

I used to quite like The Ivanhoe but if you don't like Sam's it won't suit you.

Tom Valentine 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Baz P:

My concern was that someone might have decided to ignore the restriction on the Levitt Hagg main quarry. I hope this isn't the case.

Darron 23 Apr 2021

Was I the only one, when seeing the tread title, thought somebody had been sticking bolts in at Stanage😂

PaulW 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I used to drink in The Ivanhoe 50 years ago. Sams was an acquired taste even back then.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...