Avon Gorge Activists Meeting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Colin Knowles 25 May 2023

BMC South-West Area Activists Meeting

To discuss how the Avon Fixed Equipment Policy (2012) might be amended

Wednesday 7th June 19:00 – 20:30 Nova Scotia, Hotwells, Bristol, BS1 6XJ

The 2012 Fixed Equipment Policy is published on pp 389/390 of the current Climbers’ Club Guide to the Avon Gorge (2017). The meeting will start promptly at 19:00 and will be chaired on behalf of BMC SW Area by Colin Knowles.

In reply to Colin Knowles:

Thanks for organising this Colin. I'm sure you will be circulating information at the Bristol area climbing walls. I'll be there.

Moacs 25 May 2023

Please can we join on Teams or similar.  Many of us have climbed for decades in the gorge and surrounds and would like to input, but can't make that date.

Also it'd be good form and transparent to publish any proposed amendments in advance, rather than tabling on the day.

OP Colin Knowles 26 May 2023
In reply to Moacs:

I'm afraid that video technology is not going to be available on the day.

No proposals will be published in advance; this is an opinion-gathering meeting following on from the previous request for written comments and the exploratory discussion at the last BMC SW Area Meeting.

Once proposals have been published there will be further opportunities (plural) for feedback.

fammer 03 Jun 2023

Just commenting to say that I, and a bunch of my pals, are all keen Avon climbers and would be keen to attend, but can't due to other commitments. Will be interested to hear what's proposed and join further meetings.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...