Avon Gorge (Bristol) Dry??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shoski 25 Aug 2023

Looks like theres going to be thunderstorm tonight and tomorrow (fri-sat). 
These are spells of rain and sunshine too. So im just wondering if its dry enough on a cloudy Sunday at Avon Gorge? I'm thinking about leading at New Quarry.

First time there so any info would be great! Thanks!

Conor1 25 Aug 2023
In reply to Shoski:

New Quarry is in the sun for most of the day and parts of it stay dry in light rain. I'd guess you'll be fine.

slawrence1001 25 Aug 2023
In reply to Shoski:

Avon gorge is very quick drying, often times you’ll be fine to climb there a few hours after it has rained if there is even a slight breeze, should be all good.

Karma_Kali 27 Aug 2023
In reply to Shoski:

Hiya, 

🥺 Yesterday 26th augst 
We discovered that someone by a big mistake took our first ever set of quickdraws from Bristol Avon Gorge route
There were on route called Men Talking Goats at the new quarry crag 😢
We left them because of very heavy rain that sent us home the evening before, it would have been super dangerous to collect them

🚸 It also has for us sentimental value, as part of them were a present from my boyfriend and father, and the others were kindly borrowed. So we are left with nothing to climb with 😞

We believe in honest climbing ethic and hope that those quickdraws can come back to us - if you found them there by ay chance please contact us on whatsapp or message 07593251375

cheers 

OP Shoski 29 Aug 2023
In reply to Karma_Kali:

Oh no, im so sorry to hear that. I was there around 12-18pm on 27th Sunday. When we got there, we were the only ones at the crag, and unfortunately didnt see any draws. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...