Accommodation for Lake District / Nothurberland bouldering.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Moo_Saidthecow 25 Jul 2022

Hey y'all!

I'll be at Glasgow for a 2 weeks for a school trip and I'll like to squeeze in some outdoor bouldering when I'm there (Besides Dumberton). Do you have any suggestions on where we should stay if we were to make a weekend trip down to either Lake District or Nothurberland?

Thank you!

spenser 26 Jul 2022
In reply to Moo_Saidthecow:

For Northumberland there is great bouldering near Belford. I found the Bluebell Farm bunkhouse to be pretty good. 

For The Lake District there are various bunkhouses around, check the independent hostels uk website. 

In reply to spenser:

Thank you so much! I'll try looking around the Hostels UK website. 

Are there specific locations / towns you would recommend we stay nearer to for Lake district?

spenser 26 Jul 2022

That'd really depend where you want to go bouldering really! You can't drive through the lake district really, instead you kind of drive round the periphery and then drive into the valley you are visiting. The most heavily developed area listed in the guidebook is round Langdale/ Ambleside by the look of things.

In reply to spenser:

I see.... So the area for the accommodation will depend on which particular crag you'll be planning to head to. I'll have a look around and discuss with my friends as we are all fairly new to outdoor bouldering.

spenser 27 Jul 2022

Chapel Stile circuit is nice, I have heard good things about Carrock Fell too.

St Bees is meant to be excellent but getting there from Langdale would take ages. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...