Accident at Sennen 1st July 2023

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FionaMc 02 Jul 2023

Hi all, 

My friends were climbing at Sennen yesterday (1/7/23) when one of them got caught by a freak wave while traversing the descent. She slipped and hit her head, resulting in a pretty bad injury. She also broke her arm and had other injuries. Apparently, my friends were helped by a climber who was there with his 10/11 year old son called George - they live in Truro. My friends would really like to find out who it was, so that they can thank him for being so incredibly supportive. The woman who fell was airlifted to Derriford, where she is still recovering. (By the way, it wasn't Wojciech - who also lives in Truro and has a son called George).

Please let me know if you know who this might be! 

Fiona 

richy.s1 05 Jul 2023
In reply to FionaMc:

Hi Fiona,

That was me. I did contact the coast guard for an update but they had nothing more to give me. I will send you a pm with my number. Would be great to speak to them.

The rescue seemed to be amazingly smooth. The helicopter crew were amazing as was your friend and her crew.

Cheers

Richy.

OP FionaMc 05 Jul 2023
In reply to richy.s1:

Hi Richy - thanks so much for getting in touch. Replied via email and forwarded your number to my friend. Fiona x

Tom Last 05 Jul 2023
In reply to FionaMc:

Hey Fi. 

Shit, sorry to hear this. Hope whoever it is, is doing ok.

Love to all x 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...