Where to buy a Canon G7x mk2?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Sadly my Canon Powershot S95 seems to be on its way out. I’m thinking to replace it with a Canon G7x mk2. Looking at the Amazon price history it seems to have gone up recently. I’d like to buy one from somewhere that will be good to deal with if I have problems (so maybe somewhere with physical shops), ideally with a free 2 year warranty, and at a good price. John Lewis and direct from Canon both offer two year warranty and are probably good for  dealing with in the event of problems but are both out of stock. Any other suggestions? Anyone have a crystal ball and can tell me whether the price is likely to drop in the next few months? I’m in Derbyshire. 

craig h 02 Oct 2023
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

I mainly buy my equipment from HDEW these days, excellent service, customer support and warranty, never had any issues with them.

https://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-477-c.asp

I preferred my old MK2 to the MK3 which I have just killed, so will probably replace with another MK2.

Post edited at 09:58
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Sorry, missed your reply. Thanks. 
In the end I ordered one from Amazon at £489. They are on back order, due some time this year hopefully but I won’t be surprised if my order is cancelled.

In reply to craig h:

Thanks  

I chose the G7x mk2 partly because there seem to be fewer reports of them dying than the Sony equivalent, although it’s hard to judge reliability really. My Canon Powershot S95 has lasted 11 years so far and is only now, sadly, making some bad noises. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...