Sunglass mounted cameras?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dr.S at work 27 Aug 2018

I'm intrigued by this kind of thing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SunnyCam-Unisex-Xtreme-Recording-Eyewear/dp/B06XKL...

and similar ones with built in wifi that allows real time streaming - mostly for work applications really, being able to record what my POV is whilst doing tasks or being able to see what students are doing in real time so that they can get better feedback on technique - has anybody tried them out as action cams?

cb294 27 Aug 2018
In reply to Dr.S at work:

I have not, but quite clearly they offer one key advantage over other action cams: Unlike helmet mounted gopros they do not make the wearer look like a teletubby!

CB

edit: I might try one for the teaching purposes you describe!

Post edited at 12:45
 gravy 27 Aug 2018

Did you miss the reaction to and demise of google glass?

HeMa 27 Aug 2018

Nope. But also suitable ’action cams’ exist. 

See, https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/snap-the-smallest-affordable-4k-action-c...

for a few options. They might give better quality or be cheaper or both. 

OP Dr.S at work 27 Aug 2018
In reply to HeMa:

might need some modding- I really want to get line of sight if I can and the snap looks a bit hard to mount on glasses.

In reply to gravy:

not really paid any attention to it - but was that also a bit of augmented reality/HUD style application? not really what I'm after.

To give you an example - I teach people how to intubate dogs, but its really hard to see what they are seeing during the task and so give effective feedback - being able to stream an image from a camera sited between there eyes to a phone or tablet would let me give much better feedback/guidance.

HeMa 27 Aug 2018

For that purpose, no.

But fasten them on the attendees neck or front pocket might also work. They do have quite a wide field of view.

In reply to cb294:

> I have not, but quite clearly they offer one key advantage over other action cams: Unlike helmet mounted gopros they do not make the wearer look like a teletubby!

> CB

> edit: I might try one for the teaching purposes you describe!

Well, just purchased one - will let you know if any good, mixed reviews....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...