RX100 VII & Bluetooth Remote(s)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
VenHeelun 18 Dec 2019

Hi, i got my RX100-VII two weeks ago and did already buy some assesories for it.

One thing i wnat to buy is a remote controll.

Almost every remote i encounter has a wire to the usb-port to function.

I find this a little bit strange because the camera has bluetooth build in.

However all wireless bluetooth-remotes i could find have a remote AND a receiver witch you must plug in the usb-port.

Does anyone know a bluetooth remote witch does work directly with the build-in bluetooth functon of the RX100 VII (without wires)?

I like to have a shutter(photo)-button, movie-button and zoom-in/out if posible.

p.s,

Could you use the Playstation remote(s) for this?

Thank you.

In reply to HeMa:

The PlayMemories app has now been replaced by Sony's newer app: Imaging Edge Mobile.

It works a lot better than the old app, but if you do use it, after connecting the phone, change the camera settings to use RAW + JPG, as by default it is just JPG when the phone is connected.

VenHeelun 18 Dec 2019
In reply to HeMa:

I know the app can be used to controll the camera but that was not the point. My isue is: why is there bluetooth when you can not use it? What else is the bluetooth function for? I don't know any other use. Also a remote-controller does work MUCH quicker.

So, again: Is there a remote-controller that works with bluetooth without wires?

Thank you

cham4807 18 Dec 2019
In reply to VenHeelun:

This might be what you are looking for.

The Sony RMT-P1BT Professional Bluetooth Remote Commander.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras-tripods-rem...

VenHeelun 18 Dec 2019
In reply to cham4807:

Yes this is what i am looking for.

However this remote does not support the RX100 VII yet.

In the future many sony cameras get new firmware updates that should support also the RX100 VII.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...