Lightroom Lens Profiles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil West 26 Mar 2018

I'm using a MacBook Pro running Lightroom Classic CC and in the lens correction tab I'm getting the error message "Unable to locate a matching profile automatically." I'm sure this has only happened recently and when I try and locate my lens in the drop down box under Lens Profile/Make, it doesn't find my lens. I checked in the Lightroom library files on my computer and the profile is there for that lens and I'm sure it has found it previously.

Any idea how to get Lightroom to see the lens profile or is it that my EXIF isn't telling Lightroom which lens I'm using? The EXIF just states 17-50mm and doesn't have the make or model.

Many thanks!

Phil

balmybaldwin 26 Mar 2018
In reply to Phil West:

Not a Mac user, but I would look at preferences/settings and see if its pointing at the right resource folders (may have got changed accidentally)

Otherwise I'd back everything up and do a repair (or uninstall/reinstall)

OP Phil West 26 Mar 2018
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Thank you. I’d not thought of that. I’ll have a look...

OP Phil West 26 Mar 2018
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Couldn’t find anything in preferences:-/

Anyone else know how to fix this or having the same problem?

Phil

richprideaux 26 Mar 2018
In reply to Phil West:

It's not a Sigma by any chance is it?

OP Phil West 26 Mar 2018
In reply to richprideaux:

Yes, although my Tamron and Canon 'nifty fifty' don't show up either. All except my Sigma 10-20 are in the lens profiles folder but Lightroom doesn't 'see' any of them if that makes sense.

richprideaux 26 Mar 2018
In reply to Phil West:

I have the same issue with my 17-70. It occasionally appears in the dropdown if I look for it but even then doesn't seem to do that much...

Sorry I can't help - but you're not alone!

OP Phil West 26 Mar 2018
In reply to Phil West:

I just found out that for some unknown reason I've been shooting in JPG since 21st Jan this year. Gutted. Lightroom won't apply profile correction to anything other than RAW of course but having never shot in anything other than RAW on my DSLR I didn't think to check. No idea how that happened....

Anyway, I checked a .CR2 from earlier in Jan and the correct profile comes up. Yay! Thanks for your time everyone.

Phil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...