Gimbal (?) For videoing climbing....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 derekb 29 Nov 2023

Hello, I'm after some advice. I've got a Samsung android phone and was after something cheap(ish) to video myself automatically whilst climbing for future review.

I'm no techie in the photography/ video department lol

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards Derek

HeMa 29 Nov 2023
In reply to derekb:

Gimbal won’t really cut it, as they don’t do motion tracking. Some of the spendy ones do howover support timed movement. But considering the ones I’ve seen having that feature are meant for big dSLR/mirrorless Cameras and prolly cost as much as your phone.

your best bet might be something like DJI Osmo Pocket, the sort of gimbal + Camera combo. At least some models have active tracking on ’em.

LucaC 01 Dec 2023
In reply to derekb:

How about a phone mount for a tripod and a Gorillapod. Set you camera to wide angle video and put it far enough away that you’ll get most of the route in. Quick and simple and cheap.

Fraser 01 Dec 2023
In reply to LucaC:

I think anything shot wide-angle from the deck,  even zooming in on 4k video in post, is going to look fairly poor unless the route is extremely short. My cheapest recommendation would be to get a partner to video the climber using a cheap video camera with zoom facilities. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...