fuji xt 20 over canon dslr

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark s 24 Jul 2017
A friend went from 5d mk3 to an xt 20 and swears by it. i am in the market for a new camera and dont know what to do.
sell the lot and got fuji or even sony as the a7's look appealing
stick with canon,my issue is i have a 18-35 art lens which i love so would mean staying with crop to use it. although selling this wouldnt be hard. the other lenses are a 50mm sigma and a 85mm prime which are ef fitting.
would the xt realistically be able to match a canon dslr?

ive decided if i stay crop to go for the 80d as the 7d mk2 is more for sports and fast focusing and its not needed for me
canon ff would be 5dmk3 or 6d mk2
 ChrisJD 25 Jul 2017
In reply to mark s:
Fuji X defo up to the job compared with Canon APC.

2015 - 2017 albums shot with X100T, then XT-10, now XT-2:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/105343926@N08/albums
Post edited at 13:06
 london_huddy 25 Jul 2017
In reply to mark s:

I went from a 5d3 to a X-T10 mostly because I've given up the pro game but also because it's a more fun and tactile experience shooting fuji and image quality is just as good.

I wouldn't shoot sports or wildlife with it (others might) and complex off-camera flash is still more tricky but I expect that except for wildlife I'll be sticking with Fuji from here. This is down to the lack of lenses over 400mm and A/F and frame rate which still lag behind top-end SLRs. However, these narrow uses aside, Fuji is bloody wonderful.
 ChrisJD 25 Jul 2017
In reply to london_huddy:

> it's a more fun and tactile experience shooting fuji and image quality is just as good.

Nailed it

Removed User 25 Jul 2017
In reply to mark s:

I've had a 5D3 for a few years and recently bought an XT2 and a few lenses for a trekking trip which didn't happen. Initial observations are: I will take the XT2 out in the hills and on my bike, and use it, far more often, which is key really. I can see myself backpacking for days with focal lengths 15mm to 210mm covered without a second thought whereas with the Canon I'd be very careful about which lenses to take because of weight, bulk and whether I could be bothered getting the thing out of the bag. I can also get away with a lighter tripod and head, which makes the difference between taking one or not.

That said, I love the Canon especially the viewfinder and the general feel. As said above though, the Fuji is a lovely tactile thing and brings back memories of my beloved old Nikon FM2.
 Solaris 26 Jul 2017
In reply to Removed UserStuart en Écosse:

> ... and brings back memories of my beloved old Nikon FM2.

Aargh! Wish you hadn't said that!

carlbullock 08 Aug 2017
In reply to mark s:

Personally I'll be going down the X-T2 route (when funds permit). So much more varsatile, easier to travel with and therefore more likely to use it.

I'll be keeping my EOS60D though just because it's my first proper camera.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...