Davinci Resolve..bit complex init?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 06 Oct 2020

Any of this parish found any good YouTube channels that explain how to use Resolve?
these are the ones I've found and like

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6LqojU1x4LWWhL7QqLB8Mw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdfDjoLF5L6lLuDCkJw0P3g

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTmY-LBmbLugkJ0ryZfjZTQ

OwenM 06 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I found Primal videos quite helpful but I agree it's very complicated. 

ring ouzel 06 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

There is a very good book called The Beginners Guide to Da Vinci Resolve 16 by Paul Saccone and Dion Scoppettuolo which goes through, step-by-step, how to edit with the programme. Its one of a series of books which also cover advanced editing, colour correction, fairlight audio post and fusion visual effects.

I just hope your computer has more power under the bonnet than mines has! 

OP The Lemming 06 Oct 2020
In reply to ring ouzel:

> I just hope your computer has more power under the bonnet than mines has! 

It does.

Small willie, fast computer.

BTW

The chap at the first link has just started his channel and knows his stuff. He even put up a show-reel of what he's worked on. How much of this do you recognise?

He's no wanabe youtuber pretending to know stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=46wLmJqe2BM&

Post edited at 14:26
 ring ouzel 06 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Wow! That's fantastic!

OwenM 06 Oct 2020
In reply to ring ouzel:

> There is a very good book called The Beginners Guide to Da Vinci Resolve 16 by Paul Saccone and Dion Scoppettuolo which goes through, step-by-step, how to edit with the programme.<

Hope it's good I have it on order £43.

d_b 07 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

That's what happens when you let programmers design the interface.

Still nicer to use than some graph based photo processing stuff I built a few years ago.

HeMa 07 Oct 2020
In reply to d_b:

Well, frankly it’s What you get when you extrapolate professional top end color grading logic and features with some seasoning from a professional VFX platform and bundle it to a full fledged NLE. 

HeMa 07 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I don’t per se follow any Resolve tutorials. But 4kshooters often links good stuff. And I recall Color Grading Central having lot’s of useful vids in YouTube 

d_b 07 Oct 2020
In reply to HeMa:

I do understand that.  Colour space transformations and tone mapping logic were a big part of my job for years.  Fortunately I only had to write interfaces for other programmers and the end user stuff was their problem.

HeMa 07 Oct 2020
In reply to d_b:

also, let's remember that blackmagic designs in the the HW business... infact they mostly finance their software side by selling colorgrading (and editing) desktops and cameras.

So the "software" GUI is not really all that important, as everyone is using their 30 kEur grading table... right .

I actually like their node based approach to color grading (and Fusion), but then again I have developped a fondness to sound logic and structured data/change management due to my work as well.

d_b 07 Oct 2020
In reply to HeMa:

I wrote a node/graph based tone mapping toolkit a few years ago, but because it was for myself and I hate GUI programming I put a text based UI on it.

That's what I meant when I said theirs was better

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...