Beautiful places: The Scottish coast and Calanais

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 J Brown 23 Jul 2017
Hi there,

I just thought I'd share these pictures. The photography is super-amateur straight-out-of-the-camera stuff, but nonetheless, any feedback is most welcome. Really I just thought I'd share them as they cover a few really beautiful places in Scotland.

https://dynamicstasis.blog/2017/06/21/the-sea-the-sky/

https://dynamicstasis.blog/2017/04/17/the-calanais-stones/

Mods: there's no commercial angle here, the blog is just a hobby - but feel free to delete the post if it shouldn't be here.

Thanks everyone!
 plyometrics 23 Jul 2017
In reply to J Brown:

Liking flat calm.
In reply to plyometrics:
They are great - I like the big sky theme. I think Callanais looks much better in the mono pictures - well done in getting there before the people arrive.
OP J Brown 23 Jul 2017
In reply to plyometrics:

That was one of my favourites!
pasbury 23 Jul 2017
In reply to J Brown:

> The photography is super-amateur straight-out-of-the-camera stuff....

You do yourself a disservice! Really like the Eriskay moonlight shot - strange contrasts between the moonlight and the artificial lights.
Rigid Raider 23 Jul 2017
In reply to J Brown:

Do more of that time-exposure stuff. It's great.
OP J Brown 23 Jul 2017
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

I'd agree re the mono shots.

We were really lucky when we visited. We were staying at a cottage nearby. The first visit was a sunny afternoon when there just seemed to be a handful of people there - and the second visit was to watch the sun come up, just my wife and I, and a group of three doing some kind of ritual.

It's an extraordinary place, and I'm sure we were lucky to have such good, peaceful visits!
OP J Brown 24 Jul 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Thanks for that - very kind. And Rigid Raider - yes, I do enjoy tinkering away with the long exposure stuff.

Cheers guys.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...