Windows 10 Pro Licence issues (cntd)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 owlart 16 Mar 2023

For those who asked to be informed of progress, but the original thread is now locked;

Precis: I bought a PC from eBuyer in January this year, they shipped it with an unlicensed copy of Windows and were unable to resolve this so ended up shipping it back to their suppliers in Denmark!

Today is a month since the PC was marked as delivered to the supplier, and I still hadn't heard anything back, so I chased it. "Oh," they said, "it took longer than normal" (no kidding!), "but we've just heard back from them today" (what a co-incidence!),  "we can ship you a replacement."

I told them I was really disappointed with their service, and would find it hard to recommend them to others. They offered me a £10 account credit! Do they really think they can buy me back with that? £10 account credit will barely cost them anything at all. It's been 2 months since they took my money and so far I still don't actually own a working PC from them.

OP owlart 21 Mar 2023
In reply to owlart:

Update to the update: The replacement PC from eBuyer arrived, but had the wrong power cord! Windows was set to try to activate from a local corporate server, so still wouldn't activate the copy installed. Luckily the Activation Troubleshooter allowed it to then try the Microsoft Activation which was successful.

eBuyer tell me that they can't ship a correct power lead because they don't carry spares(!), and there should have been a leaflet explaining how to activate Windows (there wasn't, there was no documentation in the box at all, just a PC and the wrong power cord). They suggest I contact their supplier in Denmark to request a replacement power cord from them!

I have to say, having previously had good experiences with them via my work,, I would now actively recommend people to avoid eBuyer like the plague! Their concept of customer service is appalling.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...