What do you reckon ? new tunes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Morning , 

I'm getting to the final stages of mastering and arranging some new tunes.

It's unlike all my other stuff so far, very drum driven electronica.

Only 2 uploads so far .  They will be replaced when I've finished the rest of the work.   Titles could week change also.

I like both of these so far "Aeon2" sounds very Aphex twin in my opinion.

https://soundcloud.com/thesecretsoffauna/sets/untitled-new-album-tasters

See what you think ?

TWS

In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Ooo, me likey. Just had a quick listen before a meeting - will return to it later!

Removed User 17 Nov 2020

Yes, very listenable, quite different from your previous though. I like the first transition at around 42 secs a lot, as an aging raver raised on hours of seamless sound the transitions define the piece to my ear.

How do you see the relation to your more 'cosmic' stuff like your posted a month or so back?

In reply to Removed Userwaitout:

> Yes, very listenable, quite different from your previous though. I like the first transition at around 42 secs a lot, as an aging raver raised on hours of seamless sound the transitions define the piece to my ear.

That's good to hear.   I wanted something more motivating and more up-pace for a change .  I've been working on them on and off for a few weeks . Listening , changing , listening again.

> How do you see the relation to your more 'cosmic' stuff like your posted a month or so back?

They are just another project really , although I'd like to start to bring both together in some sort of synthesis .  The more cosmic synth sounds and a bit more weird on the percussion.

I try and compartmentalise most of my stuff  for the sake of organising it .

I do have loads of weird bit and bobs floating around ,  it's just like a puzzle , some sits in stasis  for years until I either throw it away or find a use for it.

Its one of those things that I enjoy chipping away at when I'm feeling well and motivated.   To do it full time destroys the hobby fun aspect ,  and it becomes a chore.   Not very good for inspiration .  

Cheers 

TWS

Removed User 17 Nov 2020

It's always interesting to hear about how works evolve and the context they are done in. I see any artist's stuff as outward projections of some other process, more like artifacts than art for art's sake, and very subject to the tools used to make them. Hearing that there's roughed out bits waiting to be dropped into place and molded in the future is cool to hear.

I thought your ideas expressed previously about in-situ recordings were interesting. Gives some perspective on the more 'accessible' sounds presented here, there being a library of as-yet-unformed sounds below the water this can draw from the same way sketchbooks tell a lot about a painters work or vinyl shops do about samplers.

The artist is as profound as their audience allows them to be.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...