Ultrasound Guided Shoulder Injection

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paddy_nolan 10 Feb 2024

Hi everyone,

Anyone who has seen my name popping up a bit more regularly will see I have had an unlucky run! Anyway. 

next question for you all. 

On Tuesday I’ll be getting a “ultrasound guided injection” into my shoulder to pump it full of pain killers so I can actually do the exercises/rehab to resolve some bursitis. 

however, my question to you folks is, has anyone had this before, or similar, and recommend a training plan to getting back up to speed again? 

my inital plan my (non climbing) physio has given me some band work to do, I have watched Dave Mac’s long Ytube video about his recover from something much more sever, but didn’t really shed any light. 

any thoughts would be appreciated 

thanks 

paddy 

In reply to Paddy_nolan:

Had my shoulder pumped full of steroids when I had similar issues in the past. Unguided but didn't miss. It was magical. Completely broke the cycle of inflammation leading to aggravation leading to inflammation.

OP Paddy_nolan 10 Feb 2024
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

It’s been over a year of getting pissy with myself after and during climbing so hopefully it does break off the cycle like you say. 

how long was the recovery period do you remember? Any recommendations?

In reply to Paddy_nolan:

It hurt like hell for the first night but then after a couple of days it was more or less fixed. I could take off a t-shirt straightforwardly for the first time in ages and start rebuilding strength.

Your case might be worse, so obviously don't expect miracles.

Post edited at 08:50
 Tigh 10 Feb 2024
In reply to Paddy_nolan:

Hey Paddy. Difficult to give any specific advice without having a good idea of the deficits/diagnosis but as a physio I would often start with some rotator cuff work in 'less demanding' positions. Things like dumbbell chest press and supported external rotation can be great ex's to start loading without Sig pain. You also need to consider the basics of shoulder rehab. Over time your program should have components of horizontal push and pull ex's and then vertical push and pull ex's. Prob best to be guided by your therapist though as they will have a much better idea if what's going on. 

Tigh 10 Feb 2024
In reply to Paddy_nolan:

P.S they normally suggest 1-2 weeks of relative rest after injection. 

birdie num num 11 Feb 2024
In reply to Paddy_nolan:

I'll be interested to know your experience.

Sorry I can't help with your question. My injection is early next month. Best of luck.

OP Paddy_nolan 12 Feb 2024
In reply to Tigh:

Thanks for this!

I’ll report back Wednesday morning, as that will be the “morning after the night before”!

best

paddy 

OP Paddy_nolan 13 Feb 2024
In reply to Paddy_nolan:

Ok then. Fresh out of the appointment; (12:30), it’s local anaesthetic and feels like someone is rooting around in your shoulder with a needle (because that’s exactly what they’re doing - see photo). 

shoulder feels pretty sore, very solid and all round rather not an enjoyable experience. Not painful just odd feeling! 

fingers crossed it feels better in a few days

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...