The Kingshouse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 03 Nov 2021

Due to late bookings etc we didn't go to York and ended up staying the weekend at Fort William. Glencoe was stunning. I think when you go there a lot you get used to it. But when it's been a few years you're gobsmacked by how awesome a place it is. Glen Nevis and Steall were also fantastic. Non climber Ms. aln had never been and was awestruck! There was a wedding taking place by the river with the Falls as a backdrop which was a wonderful thing.

On the way home we stopped at the new Kingshouse. Lovely place, good meal with the big windows framing the Buachaille, gorgeous. The old building was closed, which had me wondering. Does anyone know what happened to the photos that used to cover the walls in the old climbers bar? 

65 04 Nov 2021
In reply to aln:

> Due to late bookings etc we didn't go to York and ended up staying the weekend at Fort William. Glencoe was stunning. I think when you go there a lot you get used to it. But when it's been a few years you're gobsmacked by how awesome a place it is. 

Agreed. I used to live there and rarely visit now. When I do it never fails to take my breath away.

> Does anyone know what happened to the photos that used to cover the walls in the old climbers bar? 

If you mean the older mostly B/W ones of early ascents of Glencoe testpieces and scenes from the bar etc, Ian Nicolson (previous owner) has most of these. If you mean the later colour pics of various routes (Can't remember the photographer, Neil Stevenson maybe) then I don't know.

OP aln 04 Nov 2021
In reply to 65:

Thanks. There were B+W photos and colour photos. It seemed to me like an unofficial photographic history of climbing in the area, and obviously on the Beachuille. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...