Tastiest veggie complete 'body-building' recipe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LeeWood 25 Jan 2020

I've never gulped a protein powder in my whole life - hoping that real food will do the necessary

Squash fritters:

200g grated squash (carrot, potato)

4 eggs

4 Tbsp wholewheat flour

2 dstp coriander

salt to taste

soya milk to mix

Fry 3 / 4 fritters on each side, 5-10 mins; eat with savoury or sweet additions - cheese and chutney works well

Your fav recipe ??

Baron Weasel 25 Jan 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

I've discovered pea protein powder. Made from just peas, 80%protein and pretty neutral.

I like to make a veggy soup and mix it in. Really spicy Thai soup has been my favourite recently to clear the lingering head cold and blocked sinuses. 

In reply to LeeWood:

> I've never gulped a protein powder in my whole life - hoping that real food will do the necessary

> Squash fritters:

> 200g grated squash (carrot, potato)

> 4 eggs

> 4 Tbsp wholewheat flour

> 2 dstp coriander

> salt to taste

> soya milk to mix

> Fry 3 / 4 fritters on each side, 5-10 mins; eat with savoury or sweet additions - cheese and chutney works well

> Your fav recipe ??

I've had these before using sweet potato they where lovely

OP LeeWood 25 Jan 2020
In reply to Baron Weasel:

> I've discovered pea protein powder. Made from just peas, 80%protein and pretty neutral.

how are the peas transformed / processed, I mean - why would this be better than just adding a tin of peas into your soup ? are they green or yellow peas ?

dread-i 25 Jan 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

Look up some recipes for dahl's. Cheap as chips, high protein, quick and easy as well. Thousands of recipes out there to go at. You can eat it on its own, with rice, chapati, or tortilla wraps (which are a thin chapati really), if you're reducing carbs.

Make your own hummus. You can use peanut/almond/cashew butter if you don't have tahini. You can also use different beans, such as butter beans or kidney beans, instead of chickpeas. Go wild and mix it up a bit. The supermarket stuff is both bland and expensive.

Miso soup, is another easy meal. The advantage of a soup is that it's filling and you can tailor the carbs and protein, as required. Boil water, add paste, that's it really. Add whatever veg you have kicking about or in the freezer (onion, spring onion, garlic, ginger, peas, sweetcorn, grated carrot, pulses etc.) Then add some protein such as quorn chunks, boiled eggs or, if you're feeling adventurous, poach some eggs in the water. If you want it to be more filling, add some noodles.

Baron Weasel 25 Jan 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

It's made like this apparently: https://euvepro.eu/about-proteins/pea-protein/

OP LeeWood 25 Jan 2020
In reply to Baron Weasel:

hmm interesting - is it superior to chickpea flour ? 

Baron Weasel 25 Jan 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

It's different to gram flour and I like adding it to everything from soup to banana, peanut butter and cocoa milkshakes.

I never thought I'd use protein powder but I tried someone else's and I came to the conclusion that it has its place. I've tried hemp protein powder as well, but it's not as good imo. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...