Surfing , intermediate lessons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nomisr 15 Sep 2023

Hi,

Looking for UK recommendations for few days surfing tuition . Ideally a  couple of days tuition then a few days alone. Can catch the odd unbroken wave and thinking one on one instruction maybe good. Any thoughts welcome .

thanks !  Simon

Post edited at 17:00
 yodadave 15 Sep 2023
In reply to Nomisr:

SSS in Newquay 

https://www.sssnewquay.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjwgZCoBhBnEiwAz35Rwnk8eyltNj-i2iS...

I have instructed lots of sports and activities and i was really impressed with their knowledge and their ability to impart that knowledge into understanding.

mike123 16 Sep 2023
In reply to Nomisr: I have similarly impressed by the big green surf school at Crantock , near Newquay .My kids all had lessons last year and the year before . Different instructors each year but both were more interested in teaching than showing off . The woman last year was excellent at managing a very mixed group . 

Wainers44 16 Sep 2023
In reply to Nomisr:

A bit further,  but quieter than Newquay,  got to Sennen. Sam Smarts surf school is brilliant 

petegunn 16 Sep 2023
In reply to Nomisr:

If your up in Northumberland the NE Surf company have good reviews.

The Longsands Surf School at Tynemouth - Dave? He's got a little shack down on the beach and comes very recommend.

Beautiful beach breaks up the Northumberland coast and always pretty good. 

Dan Arkle 16 Sep 2023
In reply to Nomisr:

One on one is bound to be good.

If you do it at the Wave pool in Bristol you'll have guaranteed repeatable waves too. 

As an extra/alternative, I've signed up to one of the online training training courses OMBE.

I've learnt so much, getting the pop up and posture just right, and training on a surf skate skateboard has been really fun. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...