shipping luggage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ekinstimothy 13 Oct 2023

Hi

Has anyone shipped duffle bags and or a bicycle and could recommend a courier or cargo company? Im looking at sending 60ish kg in two packages. I don't need an express shipment, im looking for the cheapest option really so even if it takes a couple of weeks im fine with that. Im in a situation where I can not add any extra baggage on my flight to my destination, so my only option is to have it shipped. 

Cheers

Post edited at 11:55
 will_mcmahon 13 Oct 2023
In reply to ekinstimothy:

HI, I recently shipped luggage (about 50/60 kg, 2 big suitcases) from New Mexico back to the UK. I struggled to find a 'slow' option and in the end opted to use the service called sendmybag.com. It seems expensive but that appears to be the going rate, although it did take less than a week to arrive. I was impressed by their service, best of luck.

OP ekinstimothy 13 Oct 2023
In reply to will_mcmahon:

Thanks for the info

Jenny C 13 Oct 2023
In reply to ekinstimothy:

Slow shipments will be by boat, obviously depends on destination but US is likely to be 4-6 weeks on the water, plus clearing customs and shipping by land at either end.

However for a relatively small and light consignment (which this is) you won't be paying too much more for air freight. Just ring round couriers asking for quotes (although personally I'd avoid DHL or DPD). 

Make sure you provide all the documents required to clear customs (usually five copies!) on the outside of your package. Delays and extra costs because you fail to do this will be your problem not the couriers.

Post edited at 13:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...