RIP Chas from Chas and Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 22 Sep 2018

Not everyone’s cup of tea but me and the kids love a bit of Chas and Dave in the car. RIP Chas Hodges

youtube.com/watch?v=Hkt8E2Ul-Xw&

Trangia 22 Sep 2018
In reply to Denni:

Again I agree that they were not everyone's cup of tea, but still great entertainers.

Sad news

Tom Valentine 22 Sep 2018
In reply to Trangia:

Saw him playing with Albert Lee as Heads, Hands and Feet in the early seventies. Great band.

coinneach 22 Sep 2018
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I saw them supporting Eric Clapton at The Glasgow Apollo in the late 70’s.  The only support I ever saw that weren’t boooed off!

el diablo 22 Sep 2018
In reply to coinneach:

I took my old mum to see them play in Dunfermline 7 or 8 years ago and was pleasingly amazed at just how good they were. Being in my early forties at the time, I was by a country mile the youngest person there! Funniest bit of the evening was when a huge conga was formed by several dozen pensioners, my mum included, was chased by the stewards yelling for them to sit down!

RIP Chas

Kipper 22 Sep 2018
In reply to Denni:

Local pub landlord told me he was on an Eminem track - seems true "My Name Is..." - http://www.theimportanceofbeingtrivial.com/how-chas-and-dave-ended-up-on-an...

Bob Kemp 22 Sep 2018
In reply to Trangia:

C & D weren't my cup of tea but he was a real musician - played with all sorts and was a session player on many records. Total respect. Shame to see him go. 

Bob Kemp 22 Sep 2018
In reply to Denni:

There's a nice story about him sparking the only Beatles reunion - he started playing old rock 'n roll classics at Eric Clapton's wedding, where Paul George and Ringo were guests, and they all joined in! 

Rob Exile Ward 22 Sep 2018
In reply to Denni:

Very sad. The good bits of Alf Garnett and a great musician and entertainer.

In reply to Denni

> Not everyone’s cup of tea but me and the kids love a bit of Chas and Dave in the car. RIP Chas Hodges

> youtube.com/watch?v=Hkt8E2Ul-Xw&

A cracking tune that one. Always loved it  

russellcampbell 23 Sep 2018
In reply to coinneach:

> I saw them supporting Eric Clapton at The Glasgow Apollo in the late 70’s.  The only support I ever saw that weren’t boooed off!

I was there as well. I think Albert Lee was in Clapton's band + Gary Brooker from Procol Harem. Another support act I saw at the Apollo which was not booed of was Black Oak Arkansas, supporting Black Sabbath.

Fruit 23 Sep 2018
In reply to Denni:

They opened Knebworth in I think it was ‘79 just as the clouds cleared and the sun came out, I think Led Zep headlined, ()but Chas and Dave were the stars of the day!

Removed User 23 Sep 2018
In reply to Denni:

Enjoyed them in short burst.

I expect Danny Baker will give him a good mention on next Saturdays show.

Lusk 23 Sep 2018
In reply to Denni:

They made the most appropriate song for some UKCers ...

youtube.com/watch?v=wOSseI1hao8&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...