Refurbished Windows 11 laptop supplier

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ardo 01 Jan 2024

As per the title really, any recommendations for a refurbished Windows 11 laptop supplier.

snoop6060 01 Jan 2024
In reply to Ardo:

Backmarket? I’ve bought all sorts from them and everything has been immaculate. Basically like new.  

In reply to Ardo:

Back market are safe and reliable, but comparatively expensive relative to other resellers 

It depends on what you want from a laptop. If I'm buying a cheap robust laptop that'll mainly be used for office software and browsing I look for companies who resell business machines.

Tends to be a bit of a compromise but what you lose on weight/screen colours/institutional unloveliness, you gain on less brand-driven pricing.

Horses for courses, though. 

In reply to Ardo:

I've bought stuff from Europc in the past. Or there's Dell...

streapadair 02 Jan 2024
In reply to Ardo:

. . . or there's Stone Refurb.

montyjohn 02 Jan 2024
In reply to SpaceCaptainTheodore:

> It depends on what you want from a laptop. If I'm buying a cheap robust laptop that'll mainly be used for office software and browsing I look for companies who resell business machines.

I would echo this.

I bought an old HP EliteBook (12" one) about 6 years ago. It was 6 or 7 years old when I bought it. Think I paid around £100 for it. Maybe £150, but it's still going strong. My wife bought a "better laptop" since. Better spec and brand new, but cheap. It's since become little more than a brick, no amount of re-formatting will bring it back to its as new speed, yet the old EliteBook is still going strong.

I know you've specifically asked for Windows 11, but a 5 year old EliteBook or similar off eBay (bit of risk) will likely outperform anything you buy new for double the money. You could always then upgrade the EliteBook to Windows 11 for free (I think it's free anyway, although i personally wouldn't bother, Windows 10 is fine).

Mark Edwards 02 Jan 2024
In reply to Ardo:

I've been using microdream.co.uk for years, and the only time I had a problem (with an intermittent PSU) it was swapped out promptly. Can't fault them.

OP Ardo 02 Jan 2024
In reply to all:

Thank you for the replies all, plenty to go at there. Now it's time to satisfice and avoid the rabbit hole of being a maximiser!

Summit Else 03 Jan 2024
In reply to Ardo:

Box.co.uk outlet seems to have some pretty bargainous stuff with an extra 10% at the moment.

15.6" Fujitsu lifebook i5-11xx 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro for £360

14" Thinkpad L14 i5-12xx 8GB 256GB Win 11 Pro for £630 unused

https://www.box.co.uk/refurbished-laptops/

OP Ardo 03 Jan 2024
In reply to Summit Else:

Thanks, I'll have a look, but avoiding Lenovo as it could induce post traumatic stress, dredging up memories from a previous life where it was the laptop of choice for my employer!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...