Recommend a pub with rooms in the dales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 02 Mar 2024

Meeting a couple of old friends who are passing through  . They normally come and stay with me or at the kirkstyile in loweswater . They are flying in and out of Newcastle and fancy a change . 1. Good beer 2. good food 3 .  Ok rooms . In that order. More east than west would be good.

Post edited at 08:21
 Lankyman 02 Mar 2024
In reply to mike123:

I've stayed recently at The Buck in Reeth, Swaledale which was good on all your criteria. Plenty parking around the central green nearby. Also stayed at The Wheatsheaf in Carperby over the hill in Wensleydale which was also good. Got both of them on Booking.com.

OP mike123 02 Mar 2024
In reply to Lankyman: thanks . The buck looks like it would fit the bill . The “stayed recently “ bit of your post was just what I was looking for 

Lankyman 02 Mar 2024
In reply to mike123:

My visit was in summer 2022 but can't have changed much if at all?  My mum enjoyed it and she can be quite picky sometimes. I'm always reading reviews and am often surprised at the ones whose lives have been destroyed by the colour of the curtains or some other critical features.

If you're not keen on the beers at the Buck there are a couple of other pubs nearby overlooking the green to try.

Post edited at 12:13
 Bingers 02 Mar 2024
In reply to mike123:

The Street Head in Bishopsdale: http://www.thestreetheadinn.co.uk/

Did a good job for me last year. 

Avoid the Fox & Hounds at West Burton, it only meets the third of your criteria.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...