Printer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MG 30 Oct 2021

My printer when I turn it on clunks and whirs and flashes lights non-stop.  When I send something to print, it continues clunking but doesn't print.  Troubleshooting says everything is fine.  Do I bin it and spend £xxx or is there an obvious solution?

mattrm 30 Oct 2021
In reply to MG:

It would help to know the make and model.  Have you googled for a manual and read it to see if the blinkenlights mean anything specific.

However if it's a cheap (under £100) laserjet then the often have a short lifespan.

Post edited at 17:48
 owlart 30 Oct 2021
In reply to MG:

It depends what model it is, a thorough Google may show up other people with similar issues who've solved their problem. I've got an HP colour laser which did similar a few years ago, but stripping it down and replacing a 50p felt pad got it going again and I still use it.

Post edited at 19:10
In reply to MG:

Reliable printers are like fusion power stations, always 50 years away. 

elsewhere 30 Oct 2021
In reply to Presley Whippet:

I have an ancient printer that just works so it seems such a waste to chuck it away.

Rarely used but handy to have a few times per year. So old (15-20 years?) I have to keep an old PC with an LPT port running Linux as print server because no drivers for Windows.

Edit - just checked HP 720c released in 1997. I probably got it in 1998 so a mere 23 years old!

Post edited at 21:35
OP MG 30 Oct 2021
In reply to owlart:

Its an HP. I swore at it, it printed one sheet and said it needed new ink. I fed it and it.is now behaving better. Stupid thing.

a crap climber 31 Oct 2021
In reply to MG:

There's only one way to deal with a wayward printer

youtube.com/watch?v=_KinUMIS3Yc&

profitofdoom 31 Oct 2021
In reply to a crap climber:

> There's only one way to deal with a wayward printer

Funny. I like the bit where one guy is pulled off by his office mates

In reply to profitofdoom:

> I like the bit where one guy is pulled off by his office mates

That’s a different video entirely. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...