Phil Gibson Illustrations - can you still buy them?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Todd 22 Oct 2023

My Google skills are obviously failing...

I'm sure Phil Gibson used to have a web site where you could buy prints of his illustrations.  I'm struggling to find it (if it even exists any more).

Anyone know if/how you can buy prints from Phil?

(Specifically after the Eliminator [Stanage] print)

franhammond92 23 Oct 2023
In reply to Dave Todd:

I think he sells a few through Outside in Hathersage. Certainly did when I worked at the shop a couple of years ago

In reply to Dave Todd:

I think there is a link to Phil’s work and website on Gary’s website sportclimbs.uk.

Mick Ward 23 Oct 2023
In reply to Dave Todd:

Hi, have sent you an email for Phil which worked, a year or so ago. If it doesn't work though, try Gary; he's on Facebook regularly. 

I've always been stunned by the quality of Phil's illustrations. He's definitely the king of British climbing illustrators. 

He's also written a great article, looking back at an early, possibly first, British ascent of the Lost Arrow Chimney (shudder). I know it was due to be on here. Sounds like one of those routes best viewed from the safety of an armchair.

Mick 

OP Dave Todd 23 Oct 2023
In reply to Dave Todd:

Thanks for the replies - I'll give the e-mail address (that Mick supplied) a try first.

Andy Say 23 Oct 2023
In reply to Dave Todd:

Another route might be via Dave Price at Cockerel Books - https://cockerelbooks.com/ - He sells Phil's drawings at Wilton Fest. I got a nice one of Ben Nevis from him.

OP Dave Todd 28 Oct 2023
In reply to Mick Ward:

Thanks Mick - I am now the happy owner of the Black Hawk Bastion print from Phil.  It arrived today and is as fantastic as I remember (phew...)

Post edited at 00:08
 Mick Ward 28 Oct 2023
In reply to Dave Todd:

Great - glad you've got it. It'll give you so much pleasure... 

Mick 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...