Paragliding insurance for Verbier

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buffalo606 31 May 2021

Can anyone recommend an insurer for a single-trip 14-day paragliding course?

I tried DogTag already but as I live outside the UK in France I am not eligible.

Cheers

Mr Lopez 31 May 2021
In reply to buffalo606:

Depending what you want covering the caf have a paralpinisme insurance covering aerial sports

OP buffalo606 31 May 2021
In reply to Mr Lopez:

That sounds promising, cheers.  I am already a CAF member so will contact them to see if parapente is already included/or can be added.

freeflyer 31 May 2021
In reply to buffalo606:

Contact your course provider, they'll have the most appropriate advice for your course.

Otherwise, try holidaysafe.

Have a great time

RentonCooke 01 Jun 2021
In reply to buffalo606:

Best to check the BHPA website.  UK Airsports was the usual go-to source but the BHPA maintains a list  - more so now due to the regularity of cases arising where under-insurement became an issue.  That said, for a basic EP/CP course, you won't need anything more than basic cover (no need for expensive S&R etc).

Mr Lopez 01 Jun 2021
In reply to buffalo606:

> That sounds promising, cheers.  I am already a CAF member so will contact them to see if parapente is already included/or can be added.

No worries. It's the ffcam providing the insurance actually. I normally book it though here https://www.base-jump.com/en/insurance-en but you might find more suitable/related ways to get it

While that page is about BASE, the insurance is an air sports insurance which covers all air sports done in the mountains (paralpinisme)

ETA: Actually, reading the notice 'paralpinisme' is base jumping specific. Paragliding, hangliding, etc are covered in the normal insurance without needing the paralpinisme cover.

(In French) https://www.ffcam.fr/csx/scripts/downloader2.php?filename=STADATA_FFCAM/fic...

Post edited at 15:35
 John 02 Jun 2021
In reply to buffalo606:

PG insurance, especially for comp's, has been getting more difficult over the last few years. There is a group on telegram with 460+ members discussing it. No clear consensus atm.

TG group: Rescue & medical insurance for UK PG & HG pilots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...