No Boundries UK - Tester, Is it legit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 glenn0010 25 Sep 2019

Hi,

A mate told me about no boundries UK. where you can be a trip tester.

This involves you going on a trip basically for free. They pay flights, guides etc.

However, you do have to give a deposit before you go in case you don't turn up.

Seems a bit too good to be true, has anyone worked with them before?

Cheers

GHawksworth 25 Sep 2019
In reply to glenn0010:

Ive done it and swiftly quit after very poor communication and a hell of a lot of petty dishonesty. I was a "mountaineering adventurer" and they decided to lump us with hikers and do via ferrata, still got to do VF but not what anyone signed up for and having both hikers and mountain based climbers made the group pace pretty hard to manage.

They had promised me paid flights from my nearest airport then booked me on to london stansted flights meaning it cost me £200 just on UK travel. When challenged, they outright denied this.

The only time i'd recommend doing this is if you're a london based boulderer as the guys i know who did that through NB seemed to actually get a good deal. They got to climb with and get coaching from Louis Parkinson on occasion.

Hutson 25 Sep 2019
In reply to glenn0010:

I made a longish thread about them earlier in the year which is probably easy to find. I paid for a trip rather than this tester arrangement. It didn’t end particularly well for me. I’m not surprised at the answer above mine. I was threatened with legal action if I said anything about what had happened but nothing ever materialised, probably because everything I said was true.

GHawksworth 25 Sep 2019
In reply to Hutson:

Reading your thread, I had previously forgotten about my cancelled trips, which the guide they hired, who is actually very nice let slip to me that it wasnt the weather but only myself and a friend booking. they argued repeatedly with me over flights and trip reports i was to write with no timescale and many other aspects.

They asked me when I said I was leaving the program not to give a bad review as it would "show us up"...

Hutson 25 Sep 2019
In reply to GHawksworth:

Ah, I’ve got to laugh... I strongly suspected the weather was just an excuse. Of course they couldn’t admit to me that not enough people had booked on, because they’d already given me the hard sell that I’d better book quickly because the trip was filling up...and I had no way of talking to a guide about it. I’m sure the guides themselves are very good and qualified but the company won’t be seeing any more of my money.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...