Moving stuff to Spain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nufkin 12 Oct 2023

Does anyone have any recent experience of moving a reasonably large amount (probably enough boxes to fill, say, a Transit Connect) of personal belongings to Spain?

There's probably plenty of courier companies to choose from; my concern is more for the bureaucracy - things I've sent to Spain post-Brexit, even when of modest value, have been slapped with seemingly random tax charges, so I'd like to minimise this as much as possible. 
Nothing has any real value - books, paperwork, photos etc - transit time isn't an issue, and I'm happy to spend a little more if it means less of a headache from Spanish Customs. Any thoughts?

Enty 13 Oct 2023
In reply to nufkin:

I've had a few things shipped to the south of France. I got all the info I needed from a FB page called Van Space Available UK-France.

Many of the couriers on that FB page carry on down through France and down through Spain. Some companies are doing Scotland to southern Spain and back weekly and there's loads of people on there with personal experience, recommendations, and advice.

I had a motorbike shipped from Manchester to Provence for 200 quid. Unfortunately he went bust during covid so I can't recommend him

E

RX-78 14 Oct 2023
In reply to nufkin:

We moved to france post brexit. We used a proper moving company (Spanish by chance) no taxes to pay as they dealt with the paperwork. Just can't take your house plants!!

OP nufkin 14 Oct 2023
In reply to Enty & RX78:

Thanks both, I'll look into those suggestions. Happily my brother speaks Spanish so I might rope him into investigating as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...