Flights to france

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Davidlees215 26 Jul 2020

So I booked a family holiday at end of August to France (flying leeds/ Bradford to limoges) with separate accommodation booking back in January. Anyone know if many flights are actually going ahead. I'm guessing if they do cancel it will be a few days before giving me no time to figure out what we're doing instead.

I would cancel but it would cost £280 to change flights that cost £550 and as far as I can work out we'd lose all the accommodation costs for our cottage (£500). Although insurance taken out in January should cover this if flights cancelled. 

I live under the flight path from Leeds Bradford and heard 2 planes fly over today, there's usually about 10 an hour so I'm guessing most flights are being cancelled due to lack of demand.

Anyone any idea if many flights are being cancelled and if they are, how much notice is given for any cancellations. 

Steve Wetton 26 Jul 2020
In reply to Davidlees215:

Why would flights to France be cancelled? 

OP Davidlees215 26 Jul 2020
In reply to Steve Wetton:

I'm guessing lack of demand but can't find any useful information. But as I said there appear to be very few flights going from Leeds Bradford even though most flights from there go to places that have no quarantine rules at present (as far as I know Leeds Bradford don't run any flights out of Europe). 

payney1973 26 Jul 2020

Im flew on Monday and am in France as we speak, everything was normal 👍🏻👍🏻

Steve Wetton 26 Jul 2020

I don't know about lack of demand for flights to France - but demand, and prices, for the tunnel has gone through the roof! I had to change a date of travel and although there is no charge for changing the booking, the price of the new date is £100 higher! Not sure what effect a possible quarantine for travelling from France will have on demand.....

OP Davidlees215 26 Jul 2020
In reply to payney1973:

Good to hear. I'm still hoping it goes ahead but just seems strange that there seem to be so few flights out of Leeds Bradford. Just prefer to have an idea what's going on. 

I've still not told my 5 year old we're going as don't want to disappoint him if it is cancelled. 

Vigier 26 Jul 2020

My wife flew Edinburgh to Nice last Monday. No real problems. 

steve taylor 27 Jul 2020

Lots of flights to France currently.

You might want to keep an eye on the Covid situation in France and UK though, as either side might start requiring quarantine (as happened to Spain a couple of days ago).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...