Electrically operated garage door query

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 King Arthur 07 Jan 2024

The door (Canopy type) is provided with electrical power via a socket outlet fixed to the roof truss adjacent the control unit and was until recently opening/closing OK using either the manually operated remote control or the wall switch (Rocker type) fixed inside the garage. However, the door will now only open/close using the remote control. The wall switch is fixed to the wall with no fixings visible and its removal for inspection without damage is uncertain. I suspect that the fault lies with this switch (?) but before I break into it I would like to know if this switch, approx. size 2.25 x 2.75 x 1.00 inches, is likely to have a simple electrical connection to its feeder cable i.e three wires maximum, live, negative, earth, or a more complicated arrangement e.g printed circuit board inside. Advice appreciated.

arch 07 Jan 2024
In reply to King Arthur:

Ours is a simple bell push. Two wires. Push to make.

In reply to King Arthur:

My wall switch is very simple. It’s only bell wire, one wire in, one out with a basic push switch.

The roof control unit will have a circuit board in it, so it could not be faulty. I had to replace the circuit board in my roof control unit after around 15 years of use. Bought a new replacement on eBay and that was very easy to swap for the faulty one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...