Don’t panic but need help quick re. Slippery floor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave the Rave 17 Jan 2024

Hi 

Just back from  a snowy walk and the kid informs me the bathroom Lino is very slippy.

I reproofed my jacket in there before I went out and the spray has settled rendering it an ice ring!!

Ive sanded it down to no avail?

Is boiling water and detergent it’s sworn enemy? Should I mop it with that??

ta

The Mrs is home soon

henwardian 17 Jan 2024
In reply to Dave the Rave:

Look on the side of the can for what chemicals are in the spray. Then google to find what solvent you need to try to dissolve them.... Then test it pretty carefully on your lino before pouring it everywhere.

It seems very unlikely that water is going to be the solvent of choice to remove a waterproof material! :P

Edit: Or, if you can't find what the right solvent is, try nail varnish remover (acetone) or meths (ethanol and methanol) or an ether or hexane or pentane. The ether/hexane/pentane is the most non-polar out of those and water is a very polar solvent, so ether/hexane/pentane is perhaps the most likely to work. petrol is mostly mostly non-polar solvents too but you might be better off just living with the slippy lino than pouring that all over your bathroom!

Post edited at 20:35
 The Norris 17 Jan 2024

Following.  I have similar issues after waxing my skis, the excess wax dropped on the floor and is also now a complete slidey death trap.

NathanP 17 Jan 2024
In reply to The Norris:

I'm guilty too - welly surface treatment spray on a laminate floor. A steam cleaner didn't touch it but I would think a good scrub with a cream cleaner should get most things off. At least that's what I'm going to try tomorrow.

OP Dave the Rave 17 Jan 2024
In reply to NathanP:

Sorted it! Boiling water with bleach then jiffed it!

Good as new!

Im so confident in this repair that I’ve told the Mrs )

nikoid 18 Jan 2024

> The Mrs is home soon

I can feel the panic from here! 😂😂

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...