Dog walk wildlife again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 08 Apr 2021

Been a good few days, amazing early morning weather. Been watching a few hares. Fascinating. A male and female grazing away, then the male will pop up on its hind legs and another hare will appear out of nowhere. Then the chase begins. Not seen them box yet. Once, married hare chased single hare for miles. Then we could see single hare sneak all the way around the field for more action. Hard to get photos coz they’re long way off, but this one catches the speed.

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Yesterday morning a peregrine flew over our estate!  And I was hearing the odd curlew fly over and found where they were feeding. Max count was 16. In ten years of living here I’ve never seen one on the ground. In some fields behind a once famous venue called “Henry Africa’s” (sort of place Lankyman would strut his stuff wearing his Ron’s).  

Good views of Reed buntings on some waste land. And excellent view of lapwing catching the sun. 

Loads of chiffchaffs. And another one of the goldcrest. Not easy with a springer spaniel in tow!  He will generally will sit quietly for any length of time when he sees the camera inn action, but I sometimes strap him to my rucksack waist belt. 

And, as usual, Roe Deer. And saw 3 swallows two days ago. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...