Converting vase to lamp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 01 Apr 2024

We have a vase that we want to convert into a lamp for the lounge.

I know you can get kits to do this, but not sure where to get them from - suggestions, please?

The hole in the vase is about 60mm.

I've got tile drills to put a hole in for the cable.

Thanks,

Post edited at 17:56
 Fredt 01 Apr 2024
In reply to LastBoyScout:

VASE
LASE
LAME
LAMP

ianstevens 02 Apr 2024
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> We have a vase that we want to convert into a lamp for the lounge.

> I know you can get kits to do this, but not sure where to get them from - suggestions, please?

> The hole in the vase is about 60mm.

> I've got tile drills to put a hole in for the cable.

> Thanks,

Just a suggestion that you may not have heard of, but there is this super secret and unknown thing on the internet called a search engine. Something worth looking at here I'd reckon.

Sarcasm aside, it's quite simple? Buy a light fitting, drill a hole for the wire, mount light fitting, install switch of your choice (in-line probably easiest), install plug. Put a bulb in. Lampshade if you are really fancy, but as a millennial it would be a bare Edison-style bulb for me. All things you can pick up from your local B&Q, Wickes, Screwfix etc. I guess the installation of the light fitting would need some creativity depending on the size/shape of the hole, but a kit would have this issue as well I think.

OP LastBoyScout 02 Apr 2024
In reply to ianstevens:

Yes, I've tried searching.

My issue is that the biggest bung-type one I've found (so far) is 55mm, which isn't quite big enough for the vase, hence the question.

I've got a cable from an old lamp with a moulded plug, switch might come with the lamp fitting, but inline easy to fit if not.

gazhbo 02 Apr 2024
In reply to ianstevens:

>99% of the questions asked on this website could just be googled - even on the rare occasion they’re anything to do with climbing!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...