Chat GPT toy for your kids?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 13 Feb 2024

Seems like the next big toy for this Christmas is an AI stuffed toy, powered by Chat GPT, that talks to your kid.

What could possibly go wrong with a toy that has access to the world’s collective knowledge, having access to your child’s imagination during their formative years playing in their bedroom?

some toy manufacturers may have good ethical boundaries in their products, but we all know, not everybody is ethical or have wholesome intentions in teaching/programming your child’s brain while you are downstairs conversing with Chat GPT on Only Fans websites.

Post edited at 09:37
 snoop6060 13 Feb 2024
In reply to The Lemming:

If it tells him to not throw stuff at the TV then I’m in. 

Post edited at 10:11
 Lankyman 13 Feb 2024
In reply to The Lemming:

First they started with swearing parrots ...

OP The Lemming 13 Feb 2024
In reply to Lankyman:

> First they started with swearing parrots ...

This swearing parrot can do a lot more

youtube.com/watch?v=kj1FTg5M5w0&

Lankyman 13 Feb 2024
In reply to The Lemming:

> This swearing parrot can do a lot more

What a hideous demonic device. I can foresee the things growing limbs and running amok with assault weapons. It was all foretold in 2001: a Space Odyssey.

In reply to Lankyman:

> What a hideous demonic device.

Their chatbot did not tell the potential child about guns, where children come from or about bombs.

Now could you imagine an unscrupulous chatbot toy drip feeding subversive information while you leave it to fulfil its babysitting duties. At least the TV and its babysitting duties had checks and balances of various governmental broadcasting entities.

Chat GPT getting the hearts and minds of young malleable brains?

No, can't see a problem there. Bring on the Chat GPT toys with complete unfettered access to sex, drugs, rock, roll, guns and shizzle.

Post edited at 14:20
 elliot.baker 13 Feb 2024
In reply to Lankyman:

Wrong film - this is closer to "Small Soldiers" another epic cinematic masterpiece!

I always love how in films like Ex Machina the billionaire genius who invents a human like robot simultaneously invents a perfect human robot replica AND a human level AI at the same time and in the same device. Clearly the first AI's will be immobile teddies and web applications whilst the Boston Dynamics robots / dog things improve the robot side of the tech-apocalypse.

Joez 13 Feb 2024
In reply to The Lemming:

I doubt they would put chat gpt (or equivalent) in a toy.

A LLM using a curated dataset would probably work well though.

In reply to Joez:

> I doubt they would put chat gpt (or equivalent) in a toy.

Not in the toy. The toy is just another IoT portal to ChatGPT. No real smarts in the toy.

In reply to Joez:

> I doubt they would put chat gpt (or equivalent) in a toy.

Too late.

In reply to The Lemming:

XKCD has you covered:

broken spectre 13 Feb 2024
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Very good! But I *think*, what The Lemming is getting at is the data that ChatGPT uses to learn is a broad spectrum of of human generated media, encompassing the very best AND the very worst of the human condition, plus countless Petabytes of guff, stuffed into a toy. It's a terrible idea!

In reply to broken spectre:

You forgot that the newer version is also eating where it craps; as I understand it gpt3 was trained on the pre-LLM internet but 4 onwards will be dining on its own turds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...