Charity event for older musicians?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

There seems recently to have been a rush of musicians doing "We forgot to do any pension-planning when we were younger" tours, for which the going rate seems to start at around £30 a ticket before heading upwards, sometimes markedly. We opted out of Jethro Tull, into Camel (well, I did on our behalves), talked briefly about Elvis Costello (from just under £100 for two tickets including parking, but Blenheim is a way away so with accommodation, you can at least double that) and the Colston Hall have just informed me that Justin Hayward's pension isn't as great as he'd like, would we care to give him £40 each to help out?

It's beginning to sound a lot like a BBC charity event is needed to help this bunch of people who are still having to work in the years of their dotage. Perhaps, if they get Eric Clapton to front it, they could call it Slow hand relief...?

T.

LastBoyScout 08 Feb 2018
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

As soon as I read that title, I thought "Oh, the Rolling Stones are touring again" :-D

> Perhaps, if they get Eric Clapton to front it, they could call it Slow hand relief...?

No, no, no, no, no! By a distance measured in parsecs, he is the most overrated guitarist of all time. Quick someone, nick his Zimmer frame.

The New NickB 08 Feb 2018

Any big events coming up for McCartney to ruin?

If they enjoy performing and people still want to hear them, what’s the problem. 

In reply to The New NickB:

Did I say there was a problem, or did I just use the seeming prevalance of older musicians charging high ticket prices to make a smutty joke?

T.

The New NickB 08 Feb 2018

Sorry, too preoccupied with hoping McCartney would retire to get to the punchline.

Post edited at 18:23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...