UKH

Cattle egret and butterflies and stuff

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

This is a cracking bird. Martin Mere today. Also peregrine with prey, mega views Sparrowhawks, loads kestrels, marsh harrier and buzzard. Green and common sandpipers, ruff including a juvenile (didn’t know they breed, must be unusual), snipe, black tailed godwits, and massive passage of swifts. Great crested grebe with chick, little grebes and common terms a plenty. Raven. Huge numbers of greylag - a massive group (100’s) came in and it reminded me of winter. Plenty of butterflies. Large red dames fly and other dragonflies. Cracking afternoon. 

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Quite an unusual photo - red admirral, peacock and comma.  Is it me or do the white buddleia appear to attract more??

Post edited at 21:00

Red admirral and a bee

Wall butterfly.  And Common green grasshopper (phone photo - better and easier than faffing about with a normal camera). 

An utterly beautiful painted lady from a dog walk the other morning. 

Holly blue, phone photo, the other day. Pity about the grass shadow. Stunning colours. Saw about 6, and of the of sex’s (female ?£ ends up loosing most of its blue, appears dull grey/brown upper wing. 

Small copper from my mornings dog walk

Post edited at 21:33

Black tailed godwits and young little ringed plover at Marsh Side, young oystercatcher from a dog walk 

Nice piccies - as usual - those youngsters must be 2nd broods

In reply to Michael Hood:

You can help ID my sandpiper photos given I reckon you’ve had better views than me today  

Oh, it’s a common blue not a holly blue. 

Post edited at 23:12
 Rob 05 Aug 2022

I've certainly fond that the white Budleias attract more butterflies that the purple ones. Had Red Admiral, Small Tortoiseshell, Peacock, Comma and Silver-washed Fritillary on my white garden Buddlias yesterday but just Peacocks and Red Admirals on the purple one.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...