Best multi tool…

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 05 Apr 2024

….is this, discovered at my Father In Laws. I’m sure the axe function is about as much use as a chocolate firegurard, but still….

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Come on, what is it? The suspense is killing me!

In reply to Stuart Williams:

Struggled to upload, this should work

And more

Stichtplate 05 Apr 2024

> Come on, what is it? The suspense is killing me!

Unless he’s suggesting FIL is a tool on multiple levels?

edit: oops 😂

Post edited at 16:11

Bah. No pliers...

Lankyman 05 Apr 2024

Ah, isn't that a pocket axe? As favoured by the Swiss Army jungle training courses.

In reply to captain paranoia:

The only time I’ve ever used pliers on a multi tool was to extract one of my teeth. The axe will be just as good. 

To be fair, whenever I use a screwdriver I always find myself wishing there was a large exposed blade on the handle. It would make any little slips on a stiff screw far more exciting. 

CantClimbTom 05 Apr 2024

Excellent, what size is the hex hole?

Can you tighten an M10 bolt (17 spanner) or an M12 bolt (19 spanner) with it. Looks like a krab can clip through it and could hang on the back of a harness for sport routes. Would be perfect

I already have carabiners with a built in folding knife, which is obviously essential in every quickdraw. You can't be too careful! But they're only for trad mountain routes not sport so I need something for sport climbing. Your multi axe could be the very thing I'm after!

The ones for trad and mountain routes... "Multifunctional Carabiner Tool with Knife Screwdriver Bottle Opener for Mountain" ebay.co.uk/itm/296081090170

Post edited at 17:37
 Rob Exile Ward 05 Apr 2024

Are you mad? There's nothing, absolutely nothing to help extract a stone from a horse's hoof! And what about a corkscrew?

Pah!

Tony Buckley 05 Apr 2024
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

There's nothing to get boy scouts out of horse's hooves either.  On the positive side, it's probably better than a Swiss army knife when used as a throwing weapon.

T.

Myfyr Tomos 05 Apr 2024
In reply to CantClimbTom:

M10, M12? 17 or 19mm? Pah. As the farmers round here say "It doesn't matter what the thread is, provided your wrench is long enough!"

McHeath 05 Apr 2024

Nice that the axe makes the need for nail clippers obsolete, if your aim is good.

... is the one you have with you

Check out the legendary, and now no longer produced, Sebertool M4. My brother bought me one 20 years or more ago. I still have it and wouldn't sell it for anything. 

Stichtplate 05 Apr 2024

> Are you mad? There's nothing, absolutely nothing to help extract a stone from a horse's hoof! And what about a corkscrew?

> Pah!

To be fair, you could use the hatchet to extract the entire hoof

In reply to McHeath:

Jeez, how long are your nails?

Dave Todd 05 Apr 2024

> Are you mad? There's nothing, absolutely nothing to help extract a stone from a horse's hoof!

I always wondered what the 'tool to put a stone into a horse's hoof in the first place' looked like...

> nothing to help extract a stone from a horse's hoof! 

A pritchel.

Thunderbird7 06 Apr 2024
In reply to Lankyman

Swiss Army Jungle Training School, presumably based in the bamboo clad steamy foothills of the Eiger…

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...