ASHP and underfloor heating

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 17 Oct 2023

Woohoo, we now have our heat pump and have finished installing the underfloor heating in most of the house. Only one room still needs screed on it, and we should get that done this weekend 😀

We have had no heating or hot water since June, so life is now very exciting. I haven't been home since the heating has been functioning (they had to return today to do the thermostats before our heating would work), but at the weekend I was having lovely hot showers in our house. My husband tells me that the house is very pleasant tonight with the nice warm floors.

Living without hot water and heating is definitely manageable, but having these things really makes life much more pleasant!

Jamie Wakeham 17 Oct 2023
In reply to girlymonkey:

Hurrah! I switched our ufh on yesterday.

The bloody dogs get us up at a fairly uncivilised hour, but having warm toes does make it a bit more bearable whilst you're standing in the kitchen making a bleary cup of tea and watching them prance about in the garden...

OP girlymonkey 18 Oct 2023
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

I have always wanted UFH since I first came across it when I worked in ski chalets. I think it's crazy that it's not just standard on any new build. 

So looking forward to getting home and walking around on nice warm floors 😊

Sean Kelly 18 Oct 2023
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

> Hurrah! I switched our ufh on yesterday.

Ditto!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...