Android email apps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin W 19 Jan 2024

I'm struggling to find an email app for my Pixel 7 that suits my fairly basic needs:

1. IMAP push for immediate syncing of the Inbox
  2. Basic text formatting - italic, bold, underline and combinations thereof - when composing outgoing emails.

Android's default e-mail app can do the text formatting, but IMAP push does not seem to be immediate for anything other gmail accounts.  That means I can be waiting up to 15 minutes for it to spot that an email has arrived for my iCloud account, for example, which I find unacceptable.

K9 mail does the immediate push syncing just fine, but doesn't offer text formatting.  It would be my preferred mail app if it weren't for that, but its absence is a deal breaker for me.

Other mail apps I have tried are Easymail, which is just too simplistic to set up in the way I want, and FairEmail which I found to be a nightmare maze of settings in which I felt I could end up spending weeks working out how to get it to do the things I want it to do, and likewise getting rid of things it does that I don't want it to do.

Can anyone suggest any other Android mail apps which might fit the bill?

Mini Mansell 19 Jan 2024
In reply to Martin W:

i have been using Aquamail

DamonRoberts 19 Jan 2024
In reply to Martin W:

I used Nine for years which I think had a higher frequency sync or push option for some, but not all email providers. Yahoo was on a schedule I seem to remember. It offered text formatting like you're looking for and had a nice, customisable UI. I think it could be a good fit for you. My main criteria was the option to mark as read from the notification which you can with Nine.

I now use Outlook as I don't have a dedicated work phone and it deals with Teams related stuff better. I only have a Microsoft and a Gmail account in there and both sync immediately. Can also do text formatting so that may work for you. It has a nice notification management system for individual accounts if you want to turn work off in the evening and weekends. 

Post edited at 19:33

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...