Partner for classic Mountain routes in Wales or Peak Sport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bivouac 06 Feb 2024

Interested in doing classic big routes in Wales or the Lakes?  V-Diff - VS range? Classic Rock type stuff? 

I live in Derbyshire and I'm up for Peak sport climbing but I'm a bit  bored of Peak trad. hence interest in Wales etc where i have done very few of the classics. E.g Amphitheatre Buttress, Tophet Wall, Flying Buttress - that kind of thing. 

I have been climbing over 40 years and I'm safety conscious. I prefer using twin ropes. Quite enjoy walking and scrambling as well. I have climbed harder in the past but lower grades in the mountains are just fine right now. 

Drop me a line if you fancy a weekend trip and maybe if things go OK we can work out another one...

moray 14 Feb 2024
In reply to Bivouac:

I'd be up for some classic big routes in Wales / Lakes, so worth keeping in touch when the weather starts to improve. Had a few months break but I'm off to The Orange House next month in Spain to get back into it. Weekends can tend to get booked up with other activities but I'd love to do more big routes this year if we pencil something in, April or May onwards. 

veteye 14 Feb 2024
In reply to Bivouac:

I'd also be up for doing some of the ones which I haven't done, and some of the ones which I have done too.

I'll email via your profile on here.

Rob

comeonag 14 Feb 2024
In reply to Bivouac:

Hi mate - Im new ish to climbing but would be great to get out with some more experienced people. Do have a lot of scrambling experience with routes like Cuilin ridge, Lakes etc. Will be living in Yorkshire Dales soon so can easily travel to places like Lakes etc. Perhaps we can talk over phone or something to try draw up a plan. Thanks 

si@crewe 15 Feb 2024
In reply to Bivouac:

Hi

Id be interested in keeping in touch im South Cheshire based. Im an active instructor but returing to personal climbing now children are a bit more grown up. Typically happy for where ever the weather is best either climbingnor scrambling.

Cheers

Si

D. Saxton 16 Feb 2024
In reply to Bivouac:

I'd be up for a simialr type of idea. As yourself have done plenty of climbing in the Peak but seem to be going to the same crags doing the same routes, so making an effort to head over the N. Wales and Lakes for longer mountain routes would be ideal.

Cheers

Darren

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...