Torridon carpark stag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 20 Nov 2023

My girlfriend and I are going to Torridon for a few days early in December. Does anyone know if the stag that hung around the Torridon car park still does so, or has its diet of whatever tourists have in their pockets taken it to the great venison stew in the sky? 

DaveHK 20 Nov 2023
In reply to Roberttaylor:

There was a stag there last weekend. I don't know Calum well enough to say for sure if it was him.

ScraggyGoat 20 Nov 2023

Yes, though in poor condition, amazingly tourists were still wandering upto it in the middle of the rut, and without the hint of a possible Darwin Award moment.

CantClimbTom 20 Nov 2023
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

Just don't pour a bottle of Buckfast into a bowl and put it down for him. 

ScraggyGoat 20 Nov 2023
In reply to CantClimbTom:

A vet I know reckoned he needed more than a bit of Buckie!

Mike-W-99 20 Nov 2023

Have been over a few times recently. What may have been the contents of a veg box were scattered around. Who'd have known that red deer eat carrots.

DaveHK 20 Nov 2023
In reply to Mike-W-99:

> Have been over a few times recently. What may have been the contents of a veg box were scattered around. Who'd have known that red deer eat carrots.

A local guy leaves that out for him. I think he's maybe a retired gamekeeper.

In reply to DaveHK:

He often has a few hangers-on with him trying to share the handouts. He' s getting a bit decrepit . Probably the result of his poor diet over the past few years since he started hanging around the car park. There was/is a notice saying " please do not feed me!" with his photo. 

DaveHK 20 Nov 2023
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

> He often has a few hangers-on with him trying to share the handouts. He' s getting a bit decrepit . Probably the result of his poor diet over the past few years since he started hanging around the car park. There was/is a notice saying " please do not feed me!" with his photo. 

I saw some folk standing beside the notice feeding it sandwiches!

In reply to DaveHK:

I tell the tourists horror stories about people who write their cars. off every winter in deer collisions!

leon 1 20 Nov 2023

Usually driving a Triumph Stag ?

In reply to leon 1:

More like a Bent- ley!

Venison Interceptor?

CantClimbTom 21 Nov 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Poor thing! Do deer suffer from laminitis on a diet like that? (like ponies and other hooved animals would be prone to) Google didn't give me a clear answer, maybe I phrased it wrong

Bulls Crack 21 Nov 2023

2 years ago! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...