Pain in top of foot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DenzelLN 10 Jan 2023

I've made a start recently bagging Wainwrights and I have also just got myself a puppy.

Anyhow, I'm finding that after a decent walk, the top of my right foot is sore and feels like there are things (tendons?) moving around strangely in the days afterwards. Has anyone else experienced this?

Welsh Kate 10 Jan 2023
In reply to DenzelLN:

Did you also get new boots or change your socks? You may have a touch of tendonitis in your foot which can be caused by more exercise than usual, different footwear or laces being too tight.

Changing the lacing on your boots may help. Have a look at this website - the 'lacing window' technique is the one to try, and get the 'window' above the part of your foot where you're getting the pain. If you also do a 'surgeon's knot' at the top - also on that website - that'll help lock the heel in to make up a bit for the window in the lacing lower down.

https://theclimbersshopjoebrownblog.co.uk/blog/how-to-lace-your-boots-gh7gb...

Post edited at 21:41
OP DenzelLN 16 Jan 2023
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Sorry for the delay - very helpful, thank you!

Neil Williams 16 Jan 2023
In reply to DenzelLN:

I have had that and the cause was indeed lacing - my running shoes were too tightly laced over a particular part of my foot.  Have a play around and see what works.

PaulJepson 17 Jan 2023
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Tendonitis was my first thought too. I've had it when overdoing running. Pain-wise, it was identical to when I broke my metatarsal but sorted itself out after a day or two of rest. 

mountainbagger 17 Jan 2023
In reply to Neil Williams:

> I have had that and the cause was indeed lacing - my running shoes were too tightly laced over a particular part of my foot.  Have a play around and see what works.

Me too. Catches you out because it's a lot more painful than you'd imagine to be, so it doesn't cross your mind and, if someone suggests it, you tend to be very sceptical to the point of ignoring their advice!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...