Foot pain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Robbie1511 23 Jun 2020

Hi I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if this topic has been covered (many times). I have recently returned to walking and i have found i hit a wall with foot pain on the balls of my feet about 25 miles in, does anyone have advice on how to avoid this ?

girlymonkey 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Robbie1511:

Stop at 24 miles? 😜

veteye 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Robbie1511:

What are the relevant facts?

What is your age, height, and weight? Gender?

Was your previous furthest walk 2 miles? So then have you gradually increased the distance walked, or have you gone from 2 miles to 25 miles in a week?

Does your job involve standing up all day long?

Have you looked at changing the lacing of your boots, as it is possible that you are not getting sufficient blood to the foot, or blood drainage?

Amine head 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Robbie1511:

If I'm doing a big walk, I always use new socks and change them once or twice. As mentioned lacing can be crucial 

blurty 23 Jun 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

> Stop at 24 miles? 😜

And now he's understanding a bit more about the forum he's joined

Robbie1511 23 Jun 2020
In reply to blurty:

yes, yes i have

Robbie1511 23 Jun 2020
In reply to veteye:

49 years old 14 stone 5 11 and i have gradually built up to the distance regularly do 10-20 miles but i seem to hit the wall at 25 miles. I am using trail shoes two different pairs salomon speedcross5 and la Sportiva ultra raptor and i do change socks at the half way point 

Post edited at 19:02
 girlymonkey 23 Jun 2020
In reply to blurty:

> And now he's understanding a bit more about the forum he's joined

>

Only doing my duty and setting expectations! Lol

SouthernSteve 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Robbie1511:

Not surprised that you hurt walking a longer distance in the Speedcross. Good for running, but  I would have something a bit stiffer for walking. Do you run in these shoes comfortably?

Changing sock seems excessive unless very wet. 

Post edited at 21:32

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...